Jane has an education background and is a former elementary school teacher and reading specialist. She was also the East Region Director of Support Operations for HOSTS (Help One Student To Succeed), where she worked with school corporations to set up mentoring programs for at-risk students. Upon leaving an education career she turned her attention to community engagement as a volunteer, and community leader, and currently serves on several area boards.
Most notably, Jane was elected and served on three Zionsville School Boards from 2008 to 2020 and helped the school system successfully navigate significant financial challenges. Jane was elected in the May Primary as one of nine delegates to represent Boone County at the State GOP Convention.
Jane attended Purdue University and holds a bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education and a Master of Education in Reading from West Chester University, Pennsylvania.
An active member of Zionsville Presbyterian Church, Jane has served as a deacon and is currently serving on Session as an Elder. She has been on numerous teams and led both Great Banquet and Awakening weekend teams at ZPC.
Jane and her husband, Claude, have been married for 31 years and have two grown children: Kristin, a medical student at Marian University School of Osteopathic Medicine, and Thomas who works for Vail Resorts in Keystone, CO.
Volunteer/Elected Board Activities:
- Zionsville Lions Club -- Board of Directors
- Hussey-Mayfield Library Foundation Board
- Indianapolis Presidents Roundtable -- Board of Directors
- Boone County Republican Women’s Club
- St. Margaret’s Hospital Guild -- President & Exec Board
- Eskenazi Health Foundation Board
- Boone County Habitat for Humanity -- Board of Directors
- Zionsville Breakfast for Scouting for Boy Scouts of America
- Junior League of Indianapolis -- Board of Directors
- Fuller Center for Housing of Central Indiana -- Board of Directors
CLICK HERE to learn even more about Jane's Leadership experience.